The Story So Far!
- Our first rehearsal was 5th January 2008 and our first performance was on 27th April 2008
- We have gone from strength to strength and we now number over 80 adults
- We are keen amateur musicians aspiring to a high standard, but mainly do it for fun and to entertain others
- We are led by experienced, professional teachers and musicians from Berkshire Maestros
- Band members offer mutual support and advice
- We play a wide variety of music - see our repertoire
- We have started a number of other projects, including a Beginner Group and "Second Wind" Band for adults, a brass band and woodwind ensembles
- Some of our offshoot groups have an identity and webpages in their own right: Silver Screen Show Band and Soundbast Sinfonia.
What they're saying...
- "The hairs on the back of my neck really did rise"Band member
- "I was going to take the mickey on Monday - but it was really impressive"Work colleague of band member
- "I thought it was brilliant"Mum of band member
- "Your concert was brilliant - very dramatic"Maestros' student in audience